Monday, March 12, 2012

Just one of the bazillion....

people who struggle with Daylight Savings Time. Yep, me. The news articles report it, confirm it, blah, blah, blah.

I'm not opposed to getting up in the dark. Most mornings, even while on the Fall Back time schedule, I get up while it's still dark. I like that stillness and quiet. My study time is rich and even if when I crawl back into bed for a few more minutes of cuddling, warmth, and shuteye, the day already feels begun. The day has received its stamp of come and get me.

But Spring Forward. Ugh. The dark seems unfriendly. Like an attack of insomnia that started with the alarm going off. A baker's dozen of reasons clangs in my sleep drenched head as to why staying in bed is definitely the wiser course. And I relent.

Even yesterday's two and a half hour nap of compensation sleep did not stave off the unwelcome effects of Spring Forward Hangover. My circadian rhythms are rebelling at the imposition of today's extra hour of light.

Eventually, and by that I mean hopefully quite soon, all things will settle back down into their slots. The dark mornings will be a welcome rest. In this part of the country, that dark will soon be the only coolness of the day. And I will eagerly get up to welcome it.

To everything a season.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! And our daughter and son in law chose Spring forward day to get married. I think they'll welcome it every year dark and all :0)

    ReplyDelete