Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It is the pollen's fault....

is my story.

The last two days my internet has been spotty. As in connecting long enough for me to see the 10 emails that require a response but disconnecting as I click send the reply. I am not a fan of the beach ball or the swirling sundial or the messages that follow those icons.

Very frustrating. On two levels. One, that my internet upon which I depend is not working like I need it to work. Two, that I am so dependent upon the internet. What happened to the phone?

Well, the last two days our phone handset has not charged properly in the base so if the phone rings, the call goes straight to message and you cannot call out on the phone because of the low battery.

So what about the cell phone? Well, in most cases that is what I have used except for the calls where the caller didn't leave her number and I didn't have her number or the internet to look up the number. Do you see how my dominoes have fallen?

Into a big pile of greenish yellow pollen. I'm blaming it all on the pollen. It's messing with my head, my eyes, my nose and now my internet.

That's where I've been the last two days. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Oh I always forget how Spring is so hard on allergy sufferers. I hope your head comes out of the fog soon. My last two days have been filled with details...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pollen, definitely the pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle, I need to send you an email with an invitation, but I just can't find any contact information. Would you please drop me an email?

    dailyonmywaytoheaven@yahoo.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame technical problems on cosmic rays, myself.

    ReplyDelete