Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanksgiving #20....

I am thankful for the convenience of deep freezers. Currently my parents are on a mission during part of my convalescence to stock my freezer with meals, breakfast goods and cooked meat to help meal making later go much faster. Friends are bringing meals for us to eat currently and what doesn't get eaten is frozen into smaller portions for later.

Obviously I'm thankful for the friends bringing the meals, for my parents managing and preserving the meals but it struck me as I watched Daddy take yet another load of fresh waffles to the freezer that without the freezer, this type of preservation wouldn't be possible.

Later when I'm more able to do for my family in the meal making department, the preparation time will be cut in half or more as I will have treasures stored up for use and enjoyment in our freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment