Monday, January 23, 2012

Mondays and rain....

make it nearly impossible to get out of bed. The second time.

Because I was actually awake at 4:28 and out of bed by 5:06. I studied 2 Thessalonians in the quiet and warmth of a Georgia morning (unseasonably warm--Midwest, please share some winter with us); I prayed; I thought about homeschooling plans for this week; and after an hour and a half, I crawled back into bed. For just a minute. I promise.

Husband says I am like a diver with too much nitrogen in my bloodstream, suffering from the bends, who enters the re-compression chamber before re-entering the morning, the second time.

The plan was for everyone to get up at 7:00. School needed to start by 8:00. But something happened in an hour and a half. It began to rain and the sweatiness I felt earlier was now a chill only warmed by snuggling in bed. The wide awake state I struggled with before sunrise was now a heavy sleepiness that only 10 or 35 minutes of dozing would cure. The productivity that I was chomping at the bit to begin was now procrastination.

All because of a little rain and a lot of Monday.

2 comments:

  1. "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"
    Sorry...couldn't help myself. This was a popular song in my early years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd send some winter your way if we had any. We've had temps in the 60's, by golly.

    ReplyDelete