Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving #16...

I am thankful for the quiet of recovery at home. Discharge yesterday took nearly 42 hours. It is amazing how many times they will come in to tell you that they are discharging you. Only to not be able to tell you when exactly. Until the moment they come in and say, "Time to go!" Just like that. Like boarding a plane, now or never.

So today I am particularly thankful for the quiet of recovery at home. No one has taken my blood pressure or temperature. And no one is asking me about my bowel movements. Of course, that event has a blog post all its own. I'll beg the being under the influence has me ready to discuss nearly everything. And I will tell what exactly happened. Meaning the surgery and all. We kept quiet until we couldn't. Now is the time to share.

Recovery at home. Not my bed but my den. Not my bathroom but my house. Not my timing but my submission to His will. All things to be thankful for still. And many thanks to you all for comments and prayers wishing me a quick recovery. The story is coming. Recovery is happening. I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are able to recover at home, in the peace and quiet there. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to come home....

    ReplyDelete