Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving #11....

is today. I realized yesterday after missing the 10th post that working on these not only keeps me grateful but helps me keep track of the dates.

Yesterday I was quite thankful for my red couch. It was a long afternoon of this and that and by the time I got home, I was ready to hit my red couch. Husband has always been generous to us in the furniture purchases, when we've been able to afford furniture, and he's been creative otherwise! When we lived in Korea and had no money for furniture purchases, he checked out the dumpster/recycle bin and found several large boxes that served as end tables and a coffee table to our missionary handed down "furniture". That furniture consisted of single upholstered seats with backs, no arms, that when pushed together in various configurations created a love seat or a couch or a chair. Almost like Legos.

Back to the red couch, this piece is one of my prized possessions. It is comfort meets classic meets wow factor because it is red. The red couch is the centerpiece of our den providing a napping surface, a place for snuggling while watching a movie or listening to our home study read alouds. We do like the red couch and the pleasure it brings our family.

Today I'm thankful for the simplicity of a day to get many things done without the pressures of a particular schedule. Thursdays at our house are called sleep in Thursday. I get up at my regular time usually, simply because I can't sleep anymore, but I let the boys sleep in till they wake up. Mostly. Sometimes I have to wake them before lunch. But we try to work at a more relaxed pace. This makes a good break in the week to regroup, regather and recharge before an often busy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you've been able to spend some quality time on that red couch enjoying your sleep-in Thursday!

    ReplyDelete