Gratitude for little things builds the habit of gratitude all around. It's the practice of teaching a child to say, "Thank you," every time that keeps him remembering to say it when you're not there to nudge, prompt or mouth the words to him.
Here's a list of some little things, and not so little things, that I'm thankful for today:
1) A quiet house in the early dark morning where I can think and pray, study and prepare for teaching.
2) Comfy clothes consisting of fleece pants, Nova Scotia sweatshirt and fluffy socks.
3) A very hot cup of coffee that steams my face up when I drink but fulfills its bigger purpose of helping keep my eyes open.
4) The warm bed I left and just might return to after getting a little bit more preparation work done.
5) The snuggly husband still in that warm bed.
6) A sleep in morning for the boys who have worked really hard this week at school and community service.
7) A soccer game played in this fall weather later today.
8 ) Soup and crusty bread planned for supper.
9) The promise of a nap later this afternoon and maybe even a chick flick with popcorn.
10) Contentment that the Lord's way is always best.
11) Excitement to see how the Lord's way is being worked out.
12) Satisfaction for a day starting out well and certainty in Him that no matter what happens the day will end just as well.