Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November, Thanksgiving #3...

I'm thankful for all the great thanksgiving posts that I've been enjoying reading through these last couple of days. It really is an enlivening and encouraging thing to read the gratitude of others. Cheers, Rebecca, for hosting this event again.

Additionally, I'm thankful tonight that Husband shot a deer tonight and is bringing it home to stock our freezer. I admit to not being thankful when I have to pay out cashola for ground beef when our family prefers ground venison. So I am thankful for the gift of a deer. It will all be well used in stews, roasts, chili, spaghetti and even burgers. We'll need another couple of deer to truly feed the growing young men of this household, but tonight's abundance is a great start.

5 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying the expressions of thanks too, including yours!

    Does Husband Hunter process the deer himself? Do you get in on the action? If you do, you're more of a pioneer woman that I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm still trying to get mine here in PA woods ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! Venison! A good reason to give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I understand the fact that one deer won't feed your growing sons, but perhaps it will last for a few meals. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying reading all the thanksgiving posts, too. Congrats on a successful hunting expedition!

    ReplyDelete