because I have no other clever title for this brain purging portion of my day.
Some time ago, Veronica of A Quiet Heart awarded me the Beautiful Blogger award. V, I am a total dolt at putting a graphic on my blog, so please forgive that obvious lack. Know that your readership and award are of great value to me. Thank you for the award. Reciprocally, I enjoy Veronica's writings about quiet contentment as the mom of Hannah and wife to a pastor.
I am supposed to nominate 15 others. Wow. That would be a list. Some of the blogs I read on a daily basis (or whenever they post as the case may be) and enjoy the beauty of their words are:
Whatever is Good: Always has some excellent & thoughtful quotes from the scholars to challenge thinking.
Hiraeth: Just celebrated a new granddaughter.
Lisa Writes: Recently writing about her mission trip to Nicaragua.
Vitafamiliae: Will keep you in stitches with her family of seven antics.
Pragmatic Compendium: Faithful to post funnies and helpful information, not necessarily in that order.
Alabamenagerie: Just as the name, a menagerie of events from Alabama plus I love her book reviews.
Field Stone Cottage: I like to go here just to hum the hymns she posts.
Sweet Tea with Lemon: Says it is what it is. Straight talking. I like that.
Everyday Mommy: Will challenge you to be a thinking woman & a cooking woman.
Love Well: My dearest Northern friend I've never met, but I'm sure we're kindred Southern style.
I invite you to look at these ladies and enjoy their writing as I do. Several have all ready been cross-nominated for this award, so take this more as a general appreciation for these blogs and the authors who enrich my day by their words.
Secondly, I am supposed to write Seven Random But True things about myself. Random but true. That I can do:
1. My favorite part of the day is any part that involves wearing comfy clothes. I am seriously an addict of the stretchy knit pants and sports bra with sweatshirt fashion.
2. I could eat a bowl of popcorn every night. It is my daily temptation.
3. I love milk. Love, love, love it. (I had to write that one because the other lists I saw included an intense dislike for milk).
4. I did not start drinking coffee until I was almost 36 years old and drink it completely black.
5. I wanted to be a Rockette or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and possibly both when I was 8. That dream died hard.
6. I had a job where I had to check in, weigh and measure wild turkeys during turkey season.
7. I was second runner up in a Miss America feeder pageant. The first and last of my pageant experience.