still have a blog. I mean, it didn't disappear or anything although quite obviously I disappeared. Or as the boys used to say, "disappeart". At times like this in a blogger's life, one must resort to the bullet style post. It's quick, it's easy, and it clears a guilty conscience for not having more substantive material.
1. We're in the thick of homeschooling. Our year round schedule starts in June so our days have been busy with grammar, science, math, history, writing, spelling and Spanish. We've also been taking as many field trips as we can to various museums and historical locations before traditional school kids are in the mix.
2. Anytime we can fit a mini-vacay into a field trip, that's a double bonus for this mom. Our trip to Chattanooga in July and the most recent one to the Gulf is a key example of such antics. Mom gets a tan and a break while the kids get ed-u-ma-cated. Score!
3. I'm still working on my Hebrews study (more to come in a next post), also finishing up the Proverbs study I wrote for the boys, and I'm getting ready to teach John this fall. So, many early mornings find me with eyelids propped open and coffee being infused to pay attention to God's word.
4. Family and friends have been heavy upon my heart this summer as I've learned much from God in relationship skills, mostly my deficiencies and His grace. I trust these lessons will be ongoing as I put into practice some new disciplines.
5. I've spent much time thinking about the way that God is moving our family into some new things and choices. Change is not always my friend, think "she likes routines", so there has been a lot of wrestling. Suffice it to say that I'm limping but joyful and at peace that the one who holds the breath of life endures with His children and never leads them astray.
6. In truth, there's been a lot to blog about but I'm busy living it all right now. Thanks for hanging around. I'll post the next chapter of the Hebrews study later today.