to get started writing again is to actually start writing again. So here I am in all my stream of consciousness gumption.
1. I tried to make a chicken dish with vodka sauce tonight. I watched a Food Detectives show yesterday where they hypothesized that if you presented your food to others with a succulent, enticing name that it would cause your diners to anticipate a positive reaction to the food.
In presenting the dinner tonight I declared it was a Grilled Poultry Foreman on a bed of Al Dente Durum mixed with Portobellas, Sauteed Spinach, Roasted Garlic and lightly tossed with a classic Vodka Sauce. Haricort Verde (which I recently discovered is fancy for green beans) was served on the side. Crusty Artisan French Bread was also served.
When I asked Husband what he thought, "I've had better."
Obviously the name wasn't fancy enough. Any suggestions?
2. We attended a History Conference at our church this past weekend on the topic of "Liberalism and Christianity". More specifically the effects of liberalism on Christianity were discussed. My youngest son discovered that Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian (unless he had a death bed conversion). A hero has fallen for him.
3. While technically this is a Spring Break week around here for most schools, as a homeschool we are using the week to knock out last bits of curriculum before the upcoming May Curriculum Fair. I'm immersed in commas, periods, quotation marks and apostrophes!
4. I've discovered that taking naproxen for some mild back inflammation with my morning coffee leaves me quite jittery. Medicine always has a strange effect on me. But my back has greatly improved. I'm just shaking with gratitude.
5. I'm also reading through Deuteronomy right now. The book leaves me in awe at the majesty and glory of God and His law. How it means to drive one to Christ and then to be the very standard for living and loving others. My favorite verse so far is Dt. 4:35, "You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other."