Thursday, November 13, 2008

God answered a prayer today...

that still has me reeling in His utter faithfulness. All of it.

Yesterday I wrote a long post about a difficult situation in our lives. It's here. I wasn't sure if I was going to post it or not. I knew that it was first important to submit my heart and attitude to all the Lord was teaching me. And revealing all of that on the internet seemed very, very exposing.

Then today, Husband called and told me that the entire situation had witnessed the intervention of God. We are going to receive payment for the work.

After the crying for joy and praising of God, I thought of yesterday's post. I didn't want to only publish a post of praising God for an answered prayer because it was answered as I wished. I want my words to magnify His faithfulness in all circumstances regardless of outcome.

That was part of the lesson I had to once again live, and the lesson I realized God was teaching my sons.

Yesterday, before we had an answer, God showed Himself faithful. His ordering of our circumstances was to reveal more of Himself to us and more of ourselves to us. To face our fears and seek Him as our Reward over anything and anyone else.

Today, as God showed His answer in timing we would not have chosen, in a way we couldn't have imagined, and in example of His power and might over the hearts of men, He is still showing Himself faithful.

I give glory to His name. To His Name alone.

4 comments:

  1. Praising God with you for His faithfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a huge truth to absorb: God is good and faithful whether the prayer is answered in the way we desire or it's answered in a way in which we must align our desires with His while waiting and longing.

    Thanking Him with you, Elle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Elle, I am so glad to be able to praise God right along with you!

    ReplyDelete