always intended for my blog is to also write about homeschooling. When I saw that The Homeschool Post was starting a weekly meme called Homeschool Memoirs, I was sure that I would be a very active participant.
Not so much.
I'm obviously not on the fast track for anything because Homeschool Memoirs is in its 10th week, and this is my first time to participate. I may be a Lucy Come Lately to the party, but I'm here.
The theme this Wednesday is to write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about me. I'm supposed to include facts about myself as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc. That's probably the template I need to follow to stay on track.
Here's the list.
1. I am Hispanic, which surprises most people because I have definitely "lightened out" (hair, skin & eyes) as I've aged. Eventually I may completely fade away.
2. The first time I danced with my husband (before he was my husband) I told a friend that I had danced with the man I was going to marry. She laughed at me. But she was a bridesmaid at my wedding too.
3. I never wanted to have children when I was pursuing my own way. Pursuing God's way taught me to yearn for His blessings. He has blessed me with 4 sons.
4. I am both a biological and adoptive mom.
5. This is my 3rd year of homeschooling. Having now been on the inside of curriculum purchasing and preparation and seeing how my boys learn, I wonder why I didn't start this earlier. I'm thankful we started when we did.
6. I am not an excellent homekeeper in the housecleaning category. I have tried various techniques throughout the year of zones and targets, chore sheets and goals, all of which end up in being soon cast aside. My preferred and most effective homekeeping occurs in the German method of blitzkrieg. And then it's over until the next raid.
7. I am, however, an excellent cook in the preparing meals categories. I think recipes are the greatest invitation to experiment, adapt and adjust as needed, and I delight when my family thinks I've put the greatest meal on the table. Even if it's Ramen with link sausage.
8. I drive an Odyssey mini-van with a broken taillight. It's how I'm identified around town. Currently the van is sporting some kind of funky smell which is making me a bit crazy and Febreezed.
9. My interests are blogging/writing, reading, old movies and musicals, eating fried shrimp, and watching my sons play soccer.
10. My part time volunteer service is as a Bible teacher for a local Bible study. The work thrills, humbles and challenges me. Seeing women's lives changed through the application of God's whole counsel is one of my greatest delights.
There's the list. I'm looking forward to reading the many other 10 timely facts posts found on the Homeschool Memoirs.