Monday, July 30, 2007

A second summer cold...

has knocked me out for the count, or rather knocked me awake at 4:00 a.m. The medicine that I'm taking to promote breathing--clear nasal passages--has as its side effect sleeplessness.

So what does any self-respecting blogger do but come downstairs, sit on a red couch, and chronicle the event. Of course, I did spend the first part of the 4:00 a.m. hour catching up on some blog reading. I can scroll with one hand and wipe my nose with the other. The tricky part is not spreading sneeze love all over the computer screen. I'm considering having my name entered in Guinness for the World's Most Sneezingest Woman. I may actually have a chance at that title.

A blog that I've recently been enjoying as containing solid theology and sharpening is Connie at Practicing Theology. I came across her blog, I think, about a year ago, bookmarked it and then not long after in the switch of computers and subsequent Crash of the old one, lost several bookmarks. So blogs that I thought I would regularly check and transfer to the new computer, fell victim to my out of sight out of mind malady.

Thankfully a reconnection with a couple of blogs that happened to have recently occurred, and now having bookmarked things properly, I'm regularly enjoying the writing.

Connie is working on a series dealing with the hefty issue of Definite/Limited Atonement, one of the dealbreakers for many Christians when investigating Reformed theology. I am appreciative of her writing on this topic, personally challenged to sharpen my own theology in this regard. One of her resources (Dr. Gary Long) goes on to exhort that "Every born again believer should be ready to have his theological views judged by Scripture without taking personal affront."

The sanctification process is a necessary one, and even topics that you may believe yourself convinced on become rusty in mind and articulation when not revisited.

A second blog that I previously looked at and then lost in the Crash is Toddled Dredge by Veronica. I like her writing for its mom blogging child chronicling thinking out loud scholastic edge as seen in this post about staying home and this post on genders in literature.

Very likely you are all ready reading both of these ladies and may find my linking a redundancy. To which I say, give me a break, it's only almost 5:00 a.m. and what's a stuffy nosed, congestion clogged head, can't sleep blogger to do but link?

4 comments:

  1. Dear Friend,

    I hope you get to feeling better. My youngest succumbed to the miserable cold last night. (Could you all have been infected Sunday evening?) We have been up since five. The patient is soaking in a warm bath as I type, trying desperately to open her nasal passages.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for easy breathing days ahead for you! blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you're all better soon. I had very serious sinus troubles many years ago. There is something so awful about sinus congestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon.

    By the way, I've awarded you the Blogger Reflection Award.

    ReplyDelete