Friday, May 11, 2007

Life is not about how hard you hit...

it's about whether you can convince Mom it was an accident or not.



With that quote, the second line only, I won a contest over at Nathan's Waterless Places.  I saw his link through a comment he made on Carla's blog, Reflections of the Times.  He was quite honoring to his wife in his comment, and it perked my interest enough to see what else he blogged.  He's quite academic in his blogging, and this little old SAHM was just glad to see that I could possibly bat verbiage with the big boys.



Therein, I stumbled on his post about this quote, the humor it had afforded him, and the incentive he now had to offer his own contest.  To me it was a one-liner opportunity (which is its own internal family joke at my house).  I absolutely couldn't resist.  These were my submissions:

Life is not about how hard you can hit.  It's about whether you can convince Mom it was an accident or not.



Life is not about how hard you can hit.  It's about whether the front window gets broken--again.



Life is not about how hard you can hit.  It's about whether anyone is watching when you hit.



Life is not about how hard you can hit.  It's about apologizing properly and sincerely to your brother.  Right, Mom?

I told Nathan that as a homeschooling mom of three sons, my personal experiences had played very heavily into my ideas.



My prize was first pick at three John MacArthur books (MacArthur Daily Bible, Truth Matters, The Truth War).  I chose Truth Matters because it's an anthology of Dr. MacArthur's 35 plus years of preaching. 



Thanks Nathan, for hosting the contest.  It was truly a treat to participate, because life is not about how hard you can hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment