Sunday, May 6, 2007

I've been tagged by a glass of sweet tea...

with lemon for a random 7 things about me meme.  Rebekah obviously knows that I delight in the random, can be quite random, and believe random to be a particular delight of God's providence.  He does have a sense of humor--it's called random.



So here's my attempt to follow the rules, randomly.



Here’s how it works: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to tag others and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!



1.  My first child was born weighing 9 pounds even and was 21 1/2 inches long.  I did not have an epidural and felt no pain.  The nurse made me watch the monitor to see the contraction wave so that I knew when to push.  Seeing him be born and delighting in every second of it was phenomenally an absolute gift from God.



2.  I like to have a box of tissue in every room of my house because allergies and a runny nose are a year-round plague to me.  Allergy medication does help some but there's nothing like the just right tissue to take care of the job most practically.  I don't even need the pretty decorator boxes.  I just want a box in every major room of the house.



3.  I love turquoise jewelry.  Blue has always been my favorite color and the turquoise color has its own un-captureable detail and shade of blue.  I like the irregularities of the stone, signifying beautiful and unique simultaneously.  I fell in love with turquoise as a child while living in New Mexico.  The turquoise jewelry made there by the Indians is spectacularly exquisite.



4.  I can and often do pick things up with my toes.  I have long toes and decided early on that using them for picking things up rather than bending over all the time must be part of the blessing of long toes.  My husband teases me by dropping things to see me, without thinking, reach to pick it up with my toes.  As a child I wanted to learn how to play the piano with my long toes until Mom vetoed the idea.  The whole practicing part was a nuisance as well.  One day I'll write an ode to long toes, but in the meantime I take care of the toes.



5.  I am allergic to red, green and yellow peppers as well as all things in the chile pepper family of spices.  Paprika in very tiny amounts is all I can manage without an unpleasant gastrointestinal distress of food poisoning similarity.  Being that my maiden surname is Hispanic, this obviously represented a huge stumbling block for many people that I did not and will not ever LOVE Mexican food. 



6.  On Mondays my number one goal is to not have to drive anywhere at all and to stay in either my lounging pajamas or similar comfy-styled clothes all day long.  Since beginning to homeschool, it has been a more oft-accomplished goal and seriously contributes to an overall smoother week for everyone.  I highly recommend comfy clothes as a potential solution to stress reduction.  It works in my life.



7.  My fourth son was born 7 years after my first son, on the 7th, at 7:00 p.m. weighing 7 lbs and 7 ozs.  See how fitting that was for my seventh random fact?



All right, I've taken so long to respond properly to this meme that I'm fairly certain most of the blog world has all ready been tagged, played and is home asleep having completed the next meme of choice.  Therefore, if you choose to play after having read this and want to consider yourself tagged, for the sake of meme--go forth and randomize.  Leave a link for me, and I'll come read your post.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE number 7!!! That was great!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along! So many interesting things.....I'm so sorry about the food allergy. I love Mexican food, but it tends to disagree with me - though not nearly to that extent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you played! I love your love of the random!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have prehensile toes as well, so I'm with you on that one. I played this earlier today, so pop on over and learn all the things you never wanted to know about me and were smart enough not to ask!

    ;~D.

    ReplyDelete