Saturday, April 14, 2007

Kids have a way of saying...

the most proverbial things.  My dad sent me a list of these well-known proverbs a few months back.  A first grade teacher in Virginia had interviewed her students to hear their endings.  I filed it under "blog ideas" but felt now while trying to return to complete thoughts, it might be the inspiration needed.



I told Jules at Everyday Mommy about them, and she interviewed LoveBug. Read his answers here, very funny!



So I had to go and interview my three sons as well.  My sons are almost 10, 9 and 6 years old.  Here are the results:

Don't change horses......if he's still going.



Strike while the..........ball is near.



It's always darkest before........you have light.



Never underestimate the power of........God.



You can lead a horse to water but.......make sure he doesn't run away.



Don't bite hand that........bites you back.



No news is....that good.



A miss is as good as a........toss.



If you lie down with dogs, you'll.........get licked.



Love all, trust........God.



The pen is mightier than the........pencil.



An idle mind is..........a bad mind.



A penny saved is.......better than no penny.



There are none so blind as..........sinners.



When the blind lead the blind........nothing happens.



Better late than........early.

2 comments:

  1. What profound answers and so true! I believe I like their versions better than the original! It's clear you have taught them well concerning the things of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! Very astute!

    ReplyDelete