Monday, February 12, 2007

It's not turning out quite like....

I expected--this week, that is.  After an exceptionally difficult two weeks of personal and public responsibilities, I had decided to take this week off from some usual events to catch up on that which is my life--marriage, sons, Bible study, laundry, meals, breathing, et cetera.



I also thought that it would be a great week to accomplish our yearly standarized testing goal for homeschooling.  Even as I write that, I marvel *snicker* at the wisdom of that plan.



Pointing to God as Sovereign over all the events of our lives, it seems that His plan includes one of the test-takers to have a mild flu.  Wrinkle in my plan?  Absolutely!  Wrinkle in His plan?  Not at all. 



This morning showed itself with Mr. Flu holding steady a fever of over 101 degrees meaning no standarized testing for him.  I only have the tests for two weeks so I'm asking God to please restore the time for his test later. 



However, most definitely within the providence of God's wisdom, this "wrinkle" afforded this mom to have undivided attention with the other test-taker--giving him just what he needed for dealing with the accompanying test anxiety.



Adding to this week's plan:  Give thanks to God in all circumstances!



"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

3 comments:

  1. Elle,
    I'll be praying for you all. Flu is no fun, but your attitude of trusting our Lord's sovereignty is wise! I hope this will be a mild case and the rest of you stay healthy, and on to the testing in its time. Take care, Christian sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for this wrinkle. I will be praying for you all. I am such a planner and I hate it when kinks get thrown into my plans. God really works on me in that area!

    ~tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dang flu ran through our family this past month. Hang in there. I admire your faith and trust...I was a bit more...uh...bitter over the whole thing. :P

    ReplyDelete