Thursday, June 28, 2012

Books, books, and more books....

came home in the suitcase from TGCW12. Kim Shay asked for a listing so here is the rundown:

Lit! by Tony Reinke (a freebie)
Shame Interrupted: How God Lifts the Pain of Worthlessness and Rejection by Ed Welch (another freebie)
A Woman's Wisdom: How the Book of Proverbs Speaks to Everything by Lydia Brownback
Dig Deeper: Tools for Understanding God's Word by Nigel Beynon & Andrew Sach
Christ-Centered Biblical Theology by Graeme Goldsworthy
The Unfolding Mystery: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament by Edmund P. Clowney
The Wisdom of God: Seeing Jesus in the Psalms and Wisdom Books by Nancy Guthrie
Taken by Brock Eastman (for my boys)
Risk by Brock Eastman (2nd in the series for my boys)


 On order from recommendations but I missed seeing them at the conference are:
According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible by Graeme Goldsworthy
God's Big Picture: Tracing the Storyline of the Bible by Vaughan Roberts

I think that is it. There may be one other still hiding in the folds, but as you can see, I have my reading basket full. My oldest is nearly through with Taken and recommends it to the teen crowd.  His brothers are badgering him to pass it along.

Good reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thank you for sharing! The list looks good. I have heard good things about the Lydia Brownback book, and I have Lit! on my kindle, yet to be read.

    I am two thirds of the way through According to Plan. You will love it!! That Edmund Clowney book sounds good. I've heard Kathleen Nielson mention him a few times.

    ReplyDelete