Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On board tonight...

a new tradition is in the works.

Wednesday night has become a family favorite this fall. With something to do every other night of the week, which is not a complaint but a statement of fact, the opportunity to stay home in our comfy clothes and enjoy one another's company is a sweetness of life.

Wednesday afternoon usually involves a nap for me. Another sweetness of life. The boys do not feel rushed. The supper is eaten all together at one time. And does not include a first and second part which is what happens on soccer practice nights. The calories these guys can burn requires an afternoon first course and an after practice second course.

But not so on Wednesday nights.

Tonight I am making a family favorite: chicken pie, not pot pie because the vegetables are not in the pie just beside it. Following that, we will watch Scooby Doo together. Simple, relaxed, uneventful, except for the loud laughing, family enjoyment.

I remember my Dad watching Scooby Doo with me sometimes. I didn't think then about whether or not he liked it, I really just liked having my Dad watch with me. Cartoons today are definitely different than when I was a kid, but we have found a version of this old Shaggy--Scooby classic that has us as parents laughing too. Even if sometimes we are actually more amused at seeing the boys get the joke.

Laugh on, friends. Find something to enjoy with your family tonight.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my family is going shooting at the gun range. I'm staying home because of tennis elbow and the doctor said "don't go shooting tonight"
    Have fun watching scooby Do!!

    ReplyDelete