who would please, please, please give me some ideas on what to pack into a travel pack for my boys. They are taking a big trip with their grandparents next week that will involve hours of driving.
Which could later involve hours of therapy and/or medication for all parties concerned.
Here are some things that I'm thinking about. Please throw in your best ideas. Or sprinkle me with some links I may not have found regarding travel kit ideas.
1) restaurant gift cards for CFA, McD's and Cracker Barrel (traveling with grandparents concession)
2) Mad Libs--the boys love these
3) trail mix, beef jerky, bag o'peppermints (they have sealants on their teeth so all gum or gummy type candy is verboten)
4) car bingo--but does anybody have an inexpensive idea on this one? The kit I saw in the store was ridiculously priced. I'm searching it online for some easy cards to print off and laminate.
5) the one family camera--or should I take the plunge on 3 disposables?
6) rope--for practicing knot tying or does that just conjure up trouble?
7) books, of course. I've got to make it to the library for this one to happen.
8) audiobooks--again, the library.
9) handheld games--we are letting them take the 2 Dsi's, but I have warned my mom that time limits have to be imposed or she'll have 3 glazed doughnuts instead of grandsons.
10) your idea could go in this spot!