Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some things I have....

loved about today.

1. It was sleep in Thursday which I actually began last night by going to bed early. So early in fact that I was wide awake at 4:27 a.m. and had to decide to sleep in until 5:25. After some 0'dark early time 'tween me and Gilead, the Israeli stud muffin of exercise, and then some time 'tween me and the Good Shepherd, John 10, I headed right back to bed for snuggling with Husband until the boys got up and requested brunch. If only every morning was like that.

2. I have worn comfy clothes all day long. Glorious, snuggly, comfy clothes. Barely a step above pajamas comfy clothes. Awe.some.

3. I had no where at all to go today. (See #2.)

4. Today was one of those "best" days of homeschooling. Math went well. The lightbulbs went on in various heads. And stayed on. Praise the Lord. We had a rousing discussion on the whys and wherefores of WWII. Plus an awesome Frank Capra movie documentary about WWII. It was a day of remembering experientially why I love homeschooling my sons.

5. I didn't have to cook last night which means that tonight's dinner is all ready done. Awe.some.

6. Honeycrisp apples + Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter. 'Nuff said.

7. It still might snow here and the milk and eggs are all ready in the fridge. Ready, set, snow!

What was your day like?

6 comments:

  1. I love being able to be in comfy clothes all day long :0)
    Dear has shared his bug with me...hard to stay away in a one bedroom condo so I have that gonna getcha tickle/burn in the back of my throat with some chills...ugh.
    I think I'll just stay in with my comfy clothes and eat the next 5 hours away....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing this "healthy bread in 5 minutes a day" thing, so we've had warm homemade bread with lunch every day this week. Makes me feel like Ma Ingalls, even if I'm accomplished nothing else for the day. Today I served it slathered in butter and honey. Makes up for the fact that it didn't snow much and the kids are bummed. I am secretly relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My day was almost as perfect as yours, Elle. We're having a beautiful snow storm so I got to stay home all day!! My favorite kind of day! The only thing that would have made it practically perfect would have been having Andy home too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfy clothes here all day as well. Awe.some. Soup in the crock pot. Awe. some. And nowhere to go, only stepping out the door once to snap a shot of the boys playing in the "snow" and to get the mail. Awe. some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked today, then came home and cleaned the refrigerator. Threw away stuff I didn't know I had. Hate that. Did laundry and made a pot of soup for supper. At my age, comfort comes way before looking good, so comfy clothes always rule the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked today, but it was a GOOD day. It was another day where nobody figures out I'm a fraud. The kind of day when my problem solving actually solved problems and my answers were actually right. (so far).

    But I have to say, you seem to be confused. "sleep in Thursday" and "5:25 a.m." don't go together. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete