Thursday, April 2, 2009

We woke up this morning...

to some of the greatest crashings of thunder and flashings of lightning that we've experienced in a while. This amount of rain comes after last week's equally great amount, and many are wondering when the trees will start pancaking.

The creek literally has risen and showed us quite a logjam that required the county's use of a backhoe and digger. The mud all over the road now clogs my tires and drips off in my garage. But it prevented a flash flood type event, for which I'm thankful seeing as the road is my only way to town.

The boys were desperate for time outside so currently while the rain has stopped, they are stomping around outside in the puddles. Good thing the laundry is basically caught up. And besides, what better rainy day entertainment than that.

I'm thinking a good hot drink is in order.

4 comments:

  1. I'll take mud over a flash flood any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to ask if there was a little Bailey's in that hot drink -- but that sounds a little crass.

    So instead I'll raise my cup of coffee in a toast to rainy days. I hope your boys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waking up to a thunderstorm... as long as I don't have to go anywhere! I hope you had a cozy day with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete