is actually a blog post I can manage right now. Seeing this at Lisa Writes got me thinking that one of the best ways to leave a week's funk behind is to blog about 5 favorite things this Friday.
1) A Bible lesson on God's electing mercies demonstrated in Israel from Exodus 12 reminded me that it's not ever been my works, my merit, my amount of faith or anything at all of me that has saved me. Only Him. Always Him. Forever Him. That truth in and of itself gives me great rest to know that He alone saves and secures.
2) Being able to go to a four day a week homeschool schedule has really made Fridays their own special sort of Free-day. I love the extra morning time to study and prepare. The boys love the extra sleep in time. The concern that they might spend the day idly has all but vanished. Knowing that they will have a day to work on special projects, they spend the time being diligent and creative.
3) Eating lunch with Husband and the boys together has been a particular treat this week. We wake up early together to share breakfast, but almost every day this week we also were able to share lunch. These times shared around my great-grandmother's 100+ year old table are definitely part of my fave 5 list.
4) David Cook's new single Light On is out, on iTunes and now on my iPod. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the whole album.
5) Family night is tonight. We're keeping the lights off the porch, staying in out of the cold, eating a favorite meal chosen by the boys (honey barbecue chicken strips and fries and green beans because Mom said so), and playing the Atari that was mine eons ago. Watch out, I'm great at Tank.
Go to Susanne's to link.