Saturday, July 21, 2007

To be teachable...

Psalm 78:1-8

O my people, hear my
teaching;
listen to the words of my
mouth.
I will open my mouth in
parables,
I will utter hidden things,
things from of old--
what we have heard and
known,
what our fathers have told
us.
We will not hide them from
their children;
we will tell the next
generation
the praiseworthy deeds of
the LORD,
his power, and the
wonders he has done.
He decreed statutes for
Jacob
and established the law in
Israel,
which he commanded our
forefathers
to teach their children,
so the next generation
would know them,
even the children yet to be
born,
and they in turn would tell
their children.
They they would put their
trust in God
and would not forget his
deeds
but would keep his
commands.
They would not be like
their forefathers--
a stubborn and rebellious
generation,
whose hearts were not loyal
to God,
whose spirits were not
faithful to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment