Friday, July 13, 2007

I am an altered person...

and not just because of this past week's trip. I'll have to blog about some parts of it later. I'm altered most significantly and all gloriously because of the mercy of God, the work of Christ, and the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

"Christians are people whose past has been altered. Before, they were dead in sin; now they are alive in Christ. Their present has been altered, too. They have been awakened to the reality of God, the beauty of the Scriptures, and the presence of the Spirit of God in other Christians. Theirs is a whole new world. Finally, they have a changed future before them. For in time death will be overcome, and they will be raised in a new resurrection body, like the resurrection body of Jesus, and will be with God and Jesus Christ forever." James Montgomery Boice


In church tomorrow, worship God with an altered heart, an altered mind, and an altered spirit. For He has made you glad! Praise His Holy name!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I've been altered! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote! Thanks for sharing. We are new creations, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that deserves a blog button..."I've been altered. Have you?" Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altered because I have been to the alter - great quote and I am looking forward to hearing about your trip as well ;)

    ReplyDelete