Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This summer the boys and I...

are studying through the gospel of Matthew. I've posted about our particular plan here.

Anyway, there are days in our study that I honestly think, "Are they really getting any of this?"

But yesterday was not one of those days.

The passage we read and discussed was Matthew 12:33-50, quoting specifically here vs.33-35:

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil."


In our discussion I asked them about what things did the Bible instruct us to do to lay up good treasure into our hearts versus evil treasure. They answered reading the Bible, memorizing Scripture, praying, listening to preaching, and so on. I told them that in Psalm 119, but I didn't remember the specific verse, that the psalmist said, "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You."

Chess said, "It's verse 11, Mom."

And he was right.

Thank you, Lord, for the encouragement of Your word becoming true jewels of treasure in my sons' hearts.

3 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed!

    Proverbs 31:25-31
    25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.

    26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

    27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.

    28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:

    29 "Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all."

    30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

    31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,

    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Word does not return void but will accomplish His purposes! How faithful He is to allow you to see the seeds take root!

    P.S. Are your ears burning? I blogged about you today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I've got to get back on track with our boys again...

    ReplyDelete